Thursday, June 7, 2012

My little slice of paradise :)




Things have kind of settled down enough for me to write about our trip over the pond
and our first impressions of the next three years. We drove to San Diego on the 30th of May to drop our car off at the port to be shipped. I happen to LOVE San Diego. The weather was beautiful and it was the perfect place to spend our last couple days in the country. Our hotel was awesome. It overlooked the San Diego harbor and the beach was just a short drive away. We just relaxed and tried to remain calm about our impending journey.

 

                                                 
  
Our flight was at 8:15 pm on the 31st. We checked all our bags and when we finally boarded, the reality set in. I almost wept when we took off. It was a 10 1/2 hour flight straight to London. We slept most of it. The seat next to me was empty, so I luckily got to stretch out and sleep. Skylar wasn't so lucky, but neither of us slept very well. We made our decent into London around 2:45 pm London time. The pure adrenaline of finally being there had us both awake and alert. We made it through the border easily and met our driver, Chuck, who drove us the hour and a half to RAF Lakenheath. We both tried so hard to stay awake during the drive over there to take in the sights of the country side and villages. We both only made it about half an hour into it and we conked out. We arrived and got settled into the lodging facility. Since then it's been non-stop craziness! So much paperwork and so many appointments. We rented a car, and Skylar has been driving. He adapted so fast to the driving, which actually isn't a surprise. He adapts quickly to everything. But we've driven around the local area and we are starting to really love it. It is so beautiful. Everything is so
green and fragrant. You can practically feel the history behind everything here. This may be a little premature, but I can see myself three years from now when we leave this beautiful place, and I'm being dragged kicking and screaming from it. I know I'm going to fall completely in love with it. We're just going to experience everything we possibly can while we're here and make some good memories. It's going to be sweeeet :)
                                            
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

1 comment:

Summers Family said...

WOW!!! I am so jealous! It looks BEAUTIFUL there! I have always wanted to go there! Maybe someday I will finally be able to!