Thursday, April 26, 2012

D-Day

At 2:55 p.m. on Wednesday, May 30th, mine and Skylar's lives are going to drastically change. We will board our plane and make our journey out of the United States. When I got our itinerary email this morning, I had a huge, massive reality check. We're leaving our home. Not just our family, but our beautiful Arizona state, and our country. We're leaving our country!!! I had a minor meltdown..which ended up requiring half a box of tissue. Don't get me wrong, I am soooo excited for our experiences that we will have. We're going to be able to see things and go places that we could probably wouldn't have been able to otherwise. My home is wherever Skylar is, but we both are slightly dreading leaving the only place we've ever known as our home, and going off into the unknown. I understand why everyone I talk to about it tells me that this is once in a lifetime and I should be so excited. I am excited. But, today it started to rain outside and I thought to myself, "I'm not going to smell Arizona rain for a long time..". We all know that Arizona has a unique rain scent. It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I'm sure I'll get my share of rain while we're in the UK, but it won't be the same. Here, rain is treasured. It's prayed for and is as precious as gold. I think that's why it's so special to me. That little rain moment brought on the "I'm going to miss this, and that, and this.." list. I'm feeling better about everything than I did this morning, and I'm trying to stay positive. All I can say is that Skylar and I are going to miss our families so much. It hurts to even think about it. In our four years of marriage, we have never once had to miss our families for too long. We have been so blessed to be able to visit at our leisure. This will be the hardest part. But, Skylar and I have decided to really start trying for a baby, of course because we want children, but also I don't think mine or Skylar's mother could stand not being there afterwards. So they'll have to come!! Haha! Anyways, we are excited about what's to come. Definitely nervous, but excited. We love our family. We're so thankful for their support and love. If anyone needs a place to stay in Europe in the next three years, we'll be there!!

1 comment:

Summers Family said...

Good Luck on your adventure! I know you will enjoy it!