Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's not goodbye, it's see you later!

This month has FLOWN by. To be perfectly honest it feels totally surreal. This past Sunday, Skylar's mom, sister and I took Skylar down to the valley to fly out for basic training. I'll admit that I cried once at the airport but not since. I think it hasn't really sunk in yet, haha. Sunday night he stayed in the Sheraton Hotel on the I-17 and Dunlap which the Air Force paid for. The rest of us stayed at Skylar's Aunt Sheila's house, which I am very thankful for. I didn't get much sleep, but the sleep I did get was troubled and I was told I talked a lot, haha. Monday morning Skylar had to go to MEPS (military entrance processing station). This was his second time going, but they just had to make sure he was in tip-top shape physically. After he was done, he was sworn in. I wish I could have been there for that, but we were on opposite ends of the city and we didn't know for sure what time they were going to do it. He said it was actually really awesome. We all met at the airport. While we were waiting for Skylar to arrive, a guy with a huge camera came into the waiting area. With him was a news reporter. Of course our first thought was, "Is there someone famous coming through?!" We scrambled for our cameras while we debated about who it could be. It ended up being a bunch of people from the east coast, and the reporter wanted to interview them about Hurricane Irene. Skylar arrived and we received a gate pass so that we could go with Skylar all the way up to the gate. Security definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was pretty nervous about that
part.We waited at Skylar's gate until they started to board. That's when the waterworks started! Since then I've felt at peace with the whole thing
. I know that Skylar is where he is supposed to be and doing what he is supposed to be doing. It's only eight short weeks. I am so thankful to him for this sacrifice he's making for our family!




No comments: