Monday, September 5, 2011

Nothing Like the Great Outdoors..

This Labor Day weekend, my family and I went up to Greer Lake and had a picnic and enjoyed the fresh air. It was SO beautiful! You can see the damage caused by the Wallow Fire, but you can also see the growth since it has passed. It is sooo green and gorgeous. What was really interesting to see was how close the fire came to homes in Greer. In some places it was within a hundred yards of huge, beautiful cabins. There were some lucky people, let me tell you. The lake was really pretty, but the mosquito's or "Satan's insects" were biting. So we bathed in OFF and enjoyed our time. It was really nice for me because it took my mind off things for a while. I got some good pictures of the pretty flowers growing everywhere, and also of Jonathan and Amanda and the yucky things they found. They had the time of their lives! Haha. I'm glad I get to spend this time with my family while Skylar is away.

No comments: