Monday, July 18, 2011

A Potter Post

Ok. I wasn't going to do this. I wasn't going to do this because everyone has done this, but then I thought, I made this blog for this reason. So here goes....I am a reader. Since I was little, reading has been one of the main things that brings me absolute happiness. I become completely absorbed, and am usually heartbroken when I finish a book because I don't want it to end. When I find a book that actually pulls my mind into the story, I would rather read than eat or sleep. I started reading Harry Potter when I was about ten. I was in a book store, when my mom pointed the Sorcerers Stone out to me. I think I read it in a couple days. Every year following, I was in Show Low at midnight waiting for the next book. I would read it all the way home, and keep reading once I was there. Harry Potter was my childhood. It was what I would look forward to year after year. Until the final book was released. I remember finishing the final book, and feeling ridiculous because I was sobbing. The movies were fantastic. I loved them. But, the books will always hold a special place in my heart. It's not the end of Harry Potter for me though. I will read them again and again, I will read them with my children and grandchildren. So this is not a sad post about Harry Potter being over, just a small dedication to the books that made up my childhood. Not the only books, but the ones that are definitely most remembered and loved.

No comments: