Thursday, July 28, 2011

In which Audra becomes a lunatic amidst cardboard boxes and moving tape...


Wait wasn't I just here? Didn't I just do this??!! We're moving AGAIN. I mean, really?? The paper cuts from boxing up stuff during our last move haven't even healed yet! Ahhh..c'est la vie. This move has actually been a lot more organized and a lot less stressful. And since Skylar is working, all the packing and cleaning have landed in my lap. One more day in the Gila Valley. I have to say that I really will miss it. It's beautiful here. We have friends and family here. It's barely started to show a little bit of the monsoon rain that we so desperately need. Let me tell you, when it rains in the Gila Valley, there is nothing like the smell. I wish I could bottle it up and take it with me wherever I go. It's beautiful. I'm going to miss walking out my door and seeing the beautiful Mt. Grahm looming over the valley. I'll miss a lot of things about this place, but there are also wonderful things where we're going. Like, my wonderful family. And Skylar's wonderful family. We're so blessed to have our families live so close together. Just an hours drive and we can spend time with either one. But, us moving also means that Skylar's time to leave is just lurking around the corner. Even when it comes down to the day he leaves, I still think I'll be in denial about the fact he's going to be gone for two months..then some. We've waited so long for it, and now it's here. And time is FLYING by. Sometimes I panic. But then I think about what an awesome opportunity this is. We're going to meet amazing people, and see amazing places. It's something that will open doors for Skylar that he never would have had otherwise. I'm grateful. So grateful for my amazing husband and best friend who works so hard and is going forward into this brand new life with no fear, just determination. We're so excited. But first things first...got to pack some more boxes...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Ummm....military. Get used to it sweetie. :-) And by the way, I can bottle up that smell for you. I know what causes it and I've been meaning to do just that and put it in our soap. I promise I will. That will be payment for my perm. :-)

Summers Family said...

I HATE packing! I feel your pain. I hope that this new adventure in life is a good one for you! I have met some really amazing people in the military... not that we are in, but we lived by a base in Texas... most of my good friends are in the military now! Good luck!