Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Shout Out to the Suby

I don't know if this post will officially put me on the weird list, but I've made a goal recently to focus on what I'm very thankful for. I'm thankful for many things, but I'm especially thankful for my car. I've had my share of clunkers in the past. My very charismatic Mazda..I was the only one who could drive it being the only one who knew it's funny yet annoying little glitches. Until some toothless redneck from the back woods in his huge truck rear-ended me, practically smashing the trunk into the back seat, it was a pretty decent car. From that accident, came the Ford Focus. Blehhh. *shiver* Don't even want to talk about it. It got me from A to B, and after I got married it got my sister from A to B. I think she probably enjoyed it more than I did. Any high school student would appreciate a motor with four wheels and a seat. We bought our Subaru, fondly called the Suby...pronunciation(soo-bee). It had over a hundred thousand miles on it, but Skylar guaranteed that it would run forever. I also had never driven a manual transmission...and I had to learn in a day...that was fun. I got the hang of it after weeks of resenting the car for being impossible to drive. I love my car now. It has a lot more miles on it, and it still runs like it's new. When we're ready for another vehicle we'll definitely be buying another Subaru. Subaru love :)

No comments: